Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My First Weekend

First of all, pictures are coming. It's just that I kinda forgot that really important cable that you really have to have to put pictures on the computer... Hm, clever... But it's been sent (thanks mum!) so pictures will come soon! :)

Okay, so my weekend started off on Friday with a trip to Vienna with my host dad and sister. We took the train in and it was way better than the unreliable Wellington trains! Rudolf took me into Stephans Dom (this really massive and beautiful old church) whilst we waited for Constanze to meet us and it was pretty cool. I definitely wish we had some of that in NZ. It's quite surreal being inside buildings that are older than the colonization of your own country... And while Stephans Dom was very impressive, I actually liked the oldest Catholic church in Mödling better. Rudolf showed it to me after my first day of school and there was something about the tranquility of that one compared with the hordes of tourists that was just better. But anyway, then Constanze came and met us with two of her friends, one who had really awesome short red hair, she was very stylish! They took me shopping for my party the next night, my first time in H&M and it was pretty awesome! The clothes are very trendy and I managed to find a black dress top thing, some red leggings (the theme for the party was black, white and red), boots and a black blazer. Then we had a walk around the streets and in a book store because Constanze loves reading (I do too, so I was completely fine with that!) and then we took the U-Bahn (subway) to a stop near Rudolf's work amongst all the amazing old buildings. They were breathtaking, so majestic and beautiful. There are so many museums in Vienna and there was also the national library, one of those massive ones that you have to be really cool to take books out (slash a university professor like Rudolf) and also parliament. Vienna was so amazing, it's so rich in history, and we got to take a double decker train back to Mödling! I'm definitely looking forward to going there again.

Then on Saturday I did some baking, good old chocolate chip cookies, and it went pretty well, everyone likes them so yeah. And then Saturday night was the party night. It was really cool, I got to be around teenage slang German and I met so many new people and made so many new friends and got to do a bit of dancing so that was really good! Then on Sunday I slept for ages because I didn't get home till quite late and then Chrissi came around for Sunday lunch. Oh, also on Sunday afternoon we went to Laxemburg castle. It's, well, a castle, but it has massive grounds with heaps of walking paths and also this huge as "artistic lake". We rented a pedal boat and went all around the lake, it was really nice and fun to just hang out with my host family.

Well, time for dinner now, but don't worry, I shall be back with more news from the land of the Sound of Music soon!

Tschau for now. :)

PS: I'm the only girl in my music class... Hm... I do miss the all girls' school!

No comments:

Post a Comment