Monday, September 27, 2010

My Week of Culture

This time is definitely not going to be a poem seeing as last week was such an epic fail... But anyway. My week started off well, Constanze came home and it was really good to see her again and she said that she was surprised at how quickly I was talking which was really cool! School got easier as the week progressed, but there's still so much I don't understand and we started something new to do with vectors (again) and circles (again) so it's a struggle but sometimes I get it. I had to write a speech in English this week and we're saying them tomorrow. It's gonna be awesome. :D And we also got this big project. In English. So I'm very happy with that atm! On Wednesday it was good, I stayed at school/in Mödling until the Physics lab that afternoon with some friends and I'm finally starting to feel accepted. It's different being associated with people to actually being a part of a group, and now I'm starting to feel like a part of the group which is really cool.

Then on Thursday Constanze's friend, who goes to the fashion high school in my town (I know, a fashion HIGH SCHOOL!) managed to get her two tickets to their annual fashion show. As people say here, URCOOL! It was awesome, and I couldn't believe that the girls had made the clothes themselves, they were so good and so professional. The theme was CSI and it was really funny, even though I couldn't understand everything it was still awesome and I had a great time. Then the next night we went to a concert from the "Safer Six", an acapella group that my choir teacher is a part of. For those of you that watch Glee, they were just like the Acafellas. It was so cool! The only music they had was sounds they could make with their mouths and it impressed me how well 40 year old men could beat-box. They did a song by the Backstreet Boys, totally imitating their moves and actually singing it better, that was pretty hilarious. And also Lion Sleeps Tonight where they came down into the audience and made all these awesome and seriously realistic animal sounds before starting the song.

Then on Saturday I met Constanze in Vienna and we went to her sister's apartment for lunch which was really nice. Constanze's been so good in doing things with me, showing me around etc. It's really nice that she includes me and I've already met a few of her friends which is cool because then I know who she's talking about! And on Sunday we all went to Garten Palais in Vienna, Rudolf drove us, and it's a castle of the family Liechtenstein. You know, the ones that casually own a country? Yeah. Those ones. We went to listen to a concert, only this time is was all instruments. It was baroque music with a cello, an oboe and I think it was a harpsichord (cembala in German?) and it was the cello teacher of a family friend of the Leeb's. It was really nice, all the... Um... People playing music (I keep forgetting English words!) were really good. And then we had lunch (my first Wiener Schnitzel! :D) and then had a tour of the palace. Which was in German. So I pretty much just looked at the pictures. But it was still a cool day and very culturally enriching!

Tomorrow is my first choir rehersal, so fingers crossed it's good! I'll update again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment