Monday, November 29, 2010

Two Weeks without Posting...

I'm really sorry that I didn't post last week! Tbh, I was feeling quite lazy really... But it's all okay, everything's coming this week! I just hope that I can remember...


Not all that much actually happened during the week, well, the week before this one, except I got my French results back from a test, so my first test in Austria. Top marks of the class! Mrs. Bryant, I hope you are proud. And reading this. :)


Then on the weekend (last weekend) Anna came to stay, she was having problems with her host mum and plus we wanted to go clubbing. So on Friday we stayed up late talking and then slept in for ages on Saturday which was really nice for a change! Then Saturday night was our big night. We ended up going to a few pubs and walking around a bit, people gradually peeling off our group of 11 to start off with as the night wore on... But Anna and I really wanted to go dancing so we went to this club that we'd heard about and actually ended up having a really good laugh and and a good dance too.


Then this week I made some really nice cookies with brownie mix on Monday. If you're ever stuck for an idea, it's really good to just put more flour into a brownie recipe until it's cookie consistency because they're really nice!


Also on Monday we found out that a guy from our class had a motorcycle accident on the weekend, we're not entirely sure but I think it involved a tree and going too fast, and now he's in hospital in an induced coma and none of us know what's going to happen. He could be fine but he could also be brain-damaged or paralyzed so we're all hoping for the best, especially because he's always been so nice to me.


Then on Thursday it was Anna's birthday and her host mum threw her a surprise party at the movies. Which was kinda strange because Anna has now moved families and her host mum knew... But you know, nice of her and all. So small but select (4 people from 40 invitees...) we all trekked it over to St. Pölten (about an hour away from me) to celebrate with Anna. It was actually really good to be there for her birthday.


And on Friday two major things: first was a math test that I completely failed. Math here is ridiculously difficult. Especially when we got a formula to work out the answer to, and the rest of the class did an entire page of working whilst I used my calculator. They really need these calculators here, they are true life-savers. But you know, that was only one problem, so for the rest yeah... Good thing I don't need marks for math in NZ! But then. IT SNOWED!!! It was sososososo cool. Man. Then on Saturday there was snow on everything. Hehehe!


So then on Saturday I went and joined Constanze's class again for English. It's so weird learning about your own language like that. Like all of the present perfect, continuous and past imperfect tenses. It was pretty cool though. And there's a guy who went to an international school for ages in Constanze's class, so he's this Austrian guy with an american accent, total crack up! Then I met up with Juan from AFS and we went ice skating. My first time here, although I've been twice before in NZ. Not that I'm particularly good, but you know. Only his second time, and this guy from Ecuador where they don't have seasons because it's hot like 90% of the time was really good! He actually taught me how to do it. Then tried to push me but haha I pulled him over too. So it was actually heaps of fun but today my legs really hurt...


And then today was the first advent in Austria. It's a countdown of the first 4 weeks before Christmas and every Sunday you light another candle on this wreath that sits on the table until the fourth one which means it's nearly Christmas! It's pretty cool actually. So we went to Church this morning and then had lunch with some family friends before it started... SNOWING AGAIN! And it still hasn't stopped at 11pm. Awesome. So Barbara had to take Constanze to her dance school (like the one I do) and then Barbara and I went "punsch trinken" in the snow... It's sort of like punch but not as gross. Well actually it's way better and warm and very typical Austrian so that was really cool. Except that I forgot to put my second pair of tights on so I was wearing one pair of relatively thin tights when it was 0 degrees. Hm. Should really remember that next time...


So, again sorry for the late post but I hope the adventures of, well, me, are still interesting and keeping you all up-to-date on my life in Austria! Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment